SVU is very pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with the Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO) to provide professional liability insurance coverage for SVU members as a new member benefit. As an SVU member, you may be eligible to qualify for a 10 percent risk management discount (up to three years), subject to the completion of six CEs in risk management.
The plan offers full-time employed rates as low as $89 a year! If you need to obtain or renew your professional liability insurance coverage, here's a great way to do it through HPSO at great rates.
The Society believes the professional liability insurance coverage offered through HPSO can provide its members with the broadest liability coverage in the marketplace. The policy, with liability limits of up to $1 million each claim and up to $3 million aggregate, is competitively priced and includes a wide range of additional coverage features to protect your assets and cover your expenses if you are named in a malpractice lawsuit -- or need legal defense to respond to a complaint against you with the licensing board. Plus, this program includes the following features, up to the applicable limits of liability, at no extra cost:
- License Protection
- Deposition Representation
- Personal Liability Protection
- Assault Coverage* (* Not available in Texas)
- Personal Injury Protection
- Defendant Expense Benefit for lost wages
- And more...
HPSO, with 1,000,000 individual healthcare professionals insured nationwide, is committed to providing SVU members with the best service and benefits, which includes:
- Quick, easy and secure application that allows SVU members to apply by Internet, fax, or mail.
- Account Access 24/7 by phone or Internet so members can verify their payment, check their coverage, or have the Certificate of Insurance faxed or mailed immediately.
- Complimentary issue of the Information Risk Management Newsletter, plus access to past articles through the HPSO website.
For more information and to download an application, contact HPSO at 1-800-982-9491 or visit online.
This program is underwritten by American Casualty Company of Reading, PA, a CNA Company and is offered through the Healthcare Providers Service Organization Risk Purchasing Group. Coverages, rates and limits may differ in some states. This material is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the products and services offered. Only the policy can provide the actual terms, coverages, amounts, conditions and exclusions. CNA is a service mark and trade name registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.