Donate $500 or more today to join the Founders Circle of the SVU Foundation.
(For more information on the SVU Foundation, click here)
Founders Circle of the SVU Foundation
Just over 40 years ago, a small circle of vascular technologists came together to found their professional society because the science and the field was advancing so rapidly. They knew that together, they could help members stay abreast of the latest clinical techniques and technological breakthroughs, and make their collective voice heard when needed. That group prospered and grew into today’s Society for Vascular Ultrasound.
Today the profession faces a new set of challenges to maintain the high value of noninvasive vascular diagnosis within the clinical setting and to sustain our viability on the financial fronts of salaries for the dedicated Technologists along with appropriate reimbursement from insurance carriers.. At a strategic level, research is the key to quantifying the value and impact of diagnostic vascular ultrasound, which will in turn ensure the growth of our profession for the patients who benefit from our care.
As the vascular lab community’s professional society, the Society for Vascular Ultrasound is best positioned to drive research in the field. Unfortunately, far too little research is funded in our field. SVU is going to change that.
We invite you to join the SVU Foundation as members of its Founders Circle.
After several years of planning, SVU launched the SVU Foundation on January 1, 2019. As the 501(c)(3) arm of SVU, the Foundation’s mission is to raise funds for vascular ultrasound research and education. Fundraising activities include the Annual Awards Dinner and Celebration at the SVU Annual Conference with accompanying Silent Auction, as well as writing research grants for the new SVU Quality Improvement and Research Committee (QIRC). But we need the collective strength of the profession’s leaders to get the Foundation off the ground.
How you can help
We invite you to join the Founders Circle of the SVU Foundation. Founders Circle members will be recognized:
- With a ticket to the SVU Foundation Awards Dinner and Celebration, August 2, 2019 in Chicago
- On a dedicated page on the SVU website
- On signage at every future SVU Foundation event
- With a limited edition SVU Foundation Founders Circle lapel pin
But -- membership in the Founders Circle will be limited to pledges of $500 or more received by June 30, 2019. So make your pledge today!
To pledge your support, take these easy steps today:
- Follow this link to donate $500 or more to the SVU Foundation to strengthen our ability to fund research that will quantify the value and impact of diagnostic vascular ultrasound of the vascular lab to institutions, referring physicians and policy makers alike. Gifts are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
- Let others know about the Founders Circle of the SVU Foundation campaign and your support for it. Encourage other vascular ultrasound leaders to pledge their support for the campaign. When everyone contributes a little, we can accomplish a LOT.
Please help us expand the vision that brought the SVU founders together 40 years ago by joining the Founders Circle of the SVU Foundation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any one of us, or SVU Executive Director James Wilkinson.
With many thanks,
The SVU Foundation Board of Directors