Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation™ Exam Review Course
Beginning in 2014, the Vascular Surgery Board of the American Board of Surgery (VSB-ABS) will require all physicians applying for the Vascular Surgery Qualifying Exam to hold the RPVI™ credential.
Please note, online registration has closed. Starting Friday morning, attendees will be able to register onsite.
2014 Course Information
March 7-8, 2014 - Baltimore, MD
This 2-day advanced course is an in-depth review for physicians planning to sit for the ARDMS® Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI™) Certification Exam. Physicians passing the exam will receive the RPVI™ credential from ARDMS®. This course will focus on reviewing the required vascular physics and interpretation skills as specified by the exam content outline, including case-based test question simulation. Over 100 test questions will be presented throughout the course.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced interpretation skills for various noninvasive tests including abdominal, arterial, venous, and cerebrovascular studies
- Apply ultrasound physics concepts to the field of vascular diagnostics
- Demonstrate the understanding of how to apply effective practice guidelines
- Physicians planning to sit for the RPVI™ Certification Exam
- Physicians (including but not limited to: vascular surgeons, cardiologists, radiologists, neurologists) who want to specialize in vascular ultrasound
- Physicians desiring to review and improve their vascular laboratory interpretation skills
- Physicians who require AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™
- Vascular technologists who want to be challenged in the vascular field and need additional CMEs
This course is PAPERLESS This means that we will not be distributing a printed syllabus at this course. All registrants will be given a DVD/CD of each speaker’s available presentations during the course. Some sessions may not have handouts as some presenters may elect not to allow their presentations to be distributed. Attendees are urged to bring a laptop to view the DVD/CD during the presentations. Power strips will be available.
CME provided by:
Since its founding in 1977, SVU has been dedicated to the advancement of
noninvasive vascular technology used in the diagnosis of vascular
disease, through education programs, publications, and certification.
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
Since its founding in 1819, the University of Cincinnati has offered
students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience.
: SVU has set aside a room block at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel for attendees. Room rates are $195 single/double occupancy. Please make your room reservation directly with the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel by calling 800-325-3535. SVU room rate cut-off date is February 18, 2014.
: Written confirmation will be issued once paid registration is received.
Cancellations & Refunds
: All requests for refunds and cancellations must be in writing and sent to the SVU national office. Refund requests received before February 18, 2014 are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. No refunds after February 18, 2014; only a credit will be given for a future SVU Course within 1 year from the date of the original course.
: If a registrant is unable to attend, substitutions are welcome and can be made at anytime, including at on-site registration.
? Call the SVU national office at 800-788-8346 or 301-459-7550.